Sunday 17 March 2013

Heidi Swapp Inspired Memory File

Hello beautiful followers!!

Today I am sharing with you all a memory file I created for a swap I participated in. We had originally agreed to swap a Lapbook (go here to have a squiz) but both decided that it was getting too fat for postage (my partner is in the US) without it even being finished!! My wonderful partner, Sandy, suggested we do a memory file inspired by the beautiful Heidi Swapp. I had never heard of, let alone seen, these products and to say that I am now addicted would be an understatement!! Head on over here for a quick run down by Heidi herself and over here for where I got the idea's on how to build one for my swap.

I used the Bo Bunny "Camp A Lot" range of papers, stamps and chipboard and got the base file folders from Typo (here in Australia).

I had a heap of fun making this and currently have my pre-order in for Heidi's beautiful new ranges over at The Stamp Spot.

That is enough of the chit chat so here are the photos:

Here is the cover. I just used one of the journal type blocks from the paper range, then cut the swirly frame and popped that up on some foam squares just to give a little extra lift. I've also added a couple of little embellishments on the front and punched a little hole to get a peek inside :)



A close up of the popped up bit of the title card :)


Here is the front cover opened up. 

You can see on the left the photo stack/flip folder thingy I made. I made the file folders using my 3rd baby the cameo and some 6x4 flip pockets that I had here - I even sewed right down the middle of one of the photo pockets to give 2 3x4's :)
On the right hand side there is another file folder that I have stuck down (and cut with my 3rd baby!) on the back and done a little embellishing using some stickers from the Bo Bunny range and also used the cameo again to cut Heidi's awesome.


This is the 2nd file folder opened up to reveal yet another file folder which I have stitched into place. I have also folded over the front of the folder to create a little pocket (which was "sealed" shut with my amazing Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher tool) which I popped in a mini book (also cut on the Cameo) that is Very Vanilla cardstock (by Stampin Up!) and a paper from the Bo Bunny range and held together with some yellow and white twine.


And here is the mini album opened up for a better view :)


And the middle file folder opened up.


And the very last "page" with the beautiful "awesome" by Heidi :)


Some embellishing I did using some of the stickers from the range.


And just a close up of this cause it's just awesome!!


As always, thanks for stopping by, I hope you have enjoyed what I have shared. 
Thank you again Sandy for the inspiration to make this, I really enjoyed it!!



2 comments:

  1. Woohooo you did well considering you have never heard of them. I love memory files they are awesome!!! Heidi swapp all the way. Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This file folder is very "awesome". I love it and cant wait to go on some hikes this spring to use those pictures for this file. Thanks Melinda!!

    ReplyDelete