Friday 23 August 2013

A Wedding Card

Hello there blog followers :)

I am FINALLY getting around to sharing with you the card I created for a friend's wedding back in June - oops!!

So, I have used a Tiddly Inks image called You and Me. I adore this image and had so much fun colouring it up :)

I used mainly bits and pieces from my own stash so am not really 100% sure of what or where I got most of it from - sorry!! I do, however,  know that the flat black flowers and the rhinestone swirl are Prima - the swirl has been cut down. Also, the ticket is a Tim Holtz ticket and all the cardstock and also the seam binding ribbon is Stampin Up. I also used a piece of Pink Paislee patterned (resistable) paper from the Parisian Anthology (I think!!) range which I inked up using distress ink :)

So, here is my creation, I loved colouring and putting this together


And a close up:


The copic colours I used are:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11 and R20
Bride hair: E50, E53, E43 and E57
Bride dress: C0, C1 and C3
Groom hair: E23, E25, E29
Groom suit and shoes: W3, W5, W7, W9
Grounding: W1, W3 and W5

I hit a bit of a snag when I realised that the card wasn't going to fit into an envelope so I googled for directions on how to make a card box and here is the end product (sorry, I can't for the life of me remember where I got the tutorial from!)


And a close up of the detail


I used Stampin Up cardstock, patterned papers, and ribbon and some of the same (uninked version) Pink Paislee patterned Paper.

I hope you have enjoyed looking at my creation for my friends wedding.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:

A Random Thursday Card Challenge - Challenge #11 - Anything Goes
Papercrafting Journey - Anything Goes
Stampotique Designers Challenge - Challenge #113 - Wedding

Thanks for stopping by and happy creating!!

7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet and beautiful! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a stunning card and envelope box! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love colouring. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful couple! What a gorgeous card! Well done, Melinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, and so stylish. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I had to come tell you. I'm pinning this for future inspiration. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete