Thursday 14 May 2015

May with Dusty Attic

WOW!! May?!? Already?! I can hardly believe how quickly this year is flying by. With it all the little moments of the every day life. I have been meaning to do some work on my 2 little people's album's pretty much since I started Project Life back in January 2013. It hasn't really happened. Well, to be honest, it HASN'T happened!! 

That is until this month!! I was feeling a bit blergh about all the projects I have on the go at the moment and thought starting something new would maybe kick start my mojo. And as an end result of that one of my boys has April 2015 documented and in his album and the other has the 12x12 half of April done!

I decided that to keep it pretty simple I would do a combination of PL and 12x12 pages each month for each of my boys. Focusing on their stories.

Running with that I came up with these 2 pages for Jacob's album for April 2015.



I started with that fun 12x12 green and blue triangle print by Kaisercraft and found some Simple Stories Snap Boy cards that matched perfectly!! I teamed that with some washi tape, some Kaisercraft stickers and some black print at home labels. Oh and a HEAP of Dusty Attic chippies!!

And this is how they will sit in his album


So, I am currently feeling rather proud of myself and my ingenius idea of keeping it simple and getting it done!! As I said above, I am now about 3/4 of the way through April 2015 for Hunter as well!!

Here are a few close ups of all the fun Dusty Attic goodies I have used and as you can see, I have kept them all raw for both pages, just love how the pages came together!


In this cluster I have used Mini Number Set for 2015, Page Pebbles #8 (thank you so much Lizzie for the idea of the epoxy dot over these, they look fabulous!!), Mini Cogs, Mini Stars and Arrows #1.


Here I have used the Mini Banners attached on top of some washi tape.


Again the epoxy dot over one of the Page Pebbles #8 and more of the Mini Stars.


And once more one of the Page Pebbles #8 with the epoxy dot and Mini Stars.


More Mini Cogs, Mini Stars and also the Mini ABC Upper Set - and YES! I have indeed used a 'V' in place of an 'A' - I need a sheet of vowels only!! Hahaha!!


Some Teeny Tiny ABC letters for the little caption and a circle from the Page Pebbles #10 set - again with the epoxy dot.


And, finally, here I have paired the Teeny Tiny ABC letters with the word "attitude" from Word Pack #6.

There are 2 titles that I didn't photograph separately but for one I have again used the Mini ABC Set Upper (with a V for an A) to spell MATES on the top left and the word "adore" from Mini Words #1.

So, I had a heap of fun putting these together and piling on all my Dusty Attic yummies!! And a bonus, it is documented and in his album!

I hope I have helped inspire you to get some of those memories recorded and in albums/on pages and will be back again next month!!



Melinda
xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I LOOOOOVE how you've used the DA goodies...& those epoxy dots really do look fabulous...I really like it over the star pebble.....I can just imagine a bit of paint on the stars to make them pop first!!! And loooove these ideas for your boys' albums.....FABULOUS:):)

    ReplyDelete