Sunday 16 August 2015

Always

Hello, hello!! Well, it seems even though my desk currently looks like a bomb hit it I am being super productive lately!!

I have just completed another 12x12 layout - start to finish in 30 minutes - AMAZING!! I may add some stitching, but I will decide later!!

I am here today however to share a different 12x12 LO I created, another for our wedding album and another using an awesome cut file from The Cut Shoppe. I am using this to enter a 2nd time into their monthly challenge for August! Perhaps there will even be a 3rd as I am pretty impressed with my forethought when I created this LO!!


As you can see when I cut the file "Spread Your Wings" I put it pretty much where I thought I wanted it to be on the layout so that I could use the positive cut and the negative cut! I am really pleased with how this turned out and am really excited to use those butterflies on something!!


I found some of the same frangipani printed vellum in my stash that we used on some of our wedding stationery and chopped it down to fit behind that cut. Love how it turned out!!

After I stuck the vellum down I placed the cut butterflies back into where they were cut from so that I could stick down all the little in between cuts. That is probably what took the longest in putting this LO together.


I have used the Maggie Holmes Flea Market 6x6 paper pad for my layers behind the photo along with the black and white striped fabric frame from the same range. All of the paper layers expect the floral are actually the strip from along the top of the papers that kept them in place in the paper pad!


I kept the embellishing pretty simple, I wanted the photo and that cut to be where your eye goes to first and foremost. I didn't really have anything to say with this photo so a simple title and somewhere for one of my fave wedding photos to call home now!!

So, thank you for stopping by and happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment