Sunday 9 August 2015

If You Think My Hands Are Full....

Hi there!!

Yes, it is quiet possible you have thought you have come to the wrong blog with all of these 12x12 layout's I've been sharing lately but if your here, welcome and I hope you are enjoying seeing something different from me!! I will add here that I have taken a bunch of photo's of our 2015 PL album and plan to share those sometime this week (I hope!!).

But that's enough chatter!! I'm here today to share another 12x12 layout! This time the whole design was inspired but the gorgeous cut file in the background which I purchased from The Cut Shoppe (gorgeous, gorgeous designs!!) and am entering into their challenge for the month of August!

I have used a photo from Mother's Day 2015 paired with the cut file, some pretty blue glitter cardstock, a full piece of 12x12 from the Shimelle collection paper pad, some black and white scraps from my scrap box and some Shimelle stickers and rub-ons!


After I cut the cut file I knew I wanted something bright and bold behind it so I started flipping through papers and found this one!! I picked the cut file and the background before I picked the photo by the way ;)

Before I adhered the cut file I cut some of the blue glitter cardstock to back the hearts, attached those with a liquid adhesive and then attached the whole piece to the background paper. I LOVE how this turned out!!

There wasn't a great place for the journalling so I used the white border all the way around for it!

As you can see I have layered up a bunch of scraps behind the photo, cutting and tearing some (thanks Missy Whidden!!) and popping the photo up on pop dots.


I have used some alpha's that I picked up from Big W (the typewriter type font) and some thickers from my stash. The "fabulous" heart is from the "Lovely" PL edition and this card is actually dry embossed and I just cut fussy cut the heart from the card. The mini tile alphas are from the Shimelle sticker sheet, the "absolutely", the camera and the gold hearts from the rub-ons and the wonderful and wander stickers from the same pack of stickers the alphas are in.


I finished off with a little bit of stamping with a roller stamp and black archival ink.

So, I hope you have enjoyed and happy scrapping!!

Mel
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment