Thursday 12 November 2015

And finally a start!!

Hello, hello and welcome to my 1st official post about my Documentung December 2015 album!

Firstly, for those that don't know or would like the link I am using the beautiful kit from The Stamp Spot as Michelle asked me if I would like be a part of her DD team again. I couldn't resist, especially after learning her colour palette and working with the full to busting kit last year!!

Here are some shots of the kit but for the whole comprehensive list head over here and there are lots of photos and words (I just ogled the photographs if truth be told!!). And you can purchase the kit here.







And here is my work space. I hope that it stays somewhat like this throughout December!


I plan on printing every day after my boys go to bed and doing that days spread. I know some days life will happen and there may be a few that don't go quiet to plan but a little pre-organisation proved its worth a thousand times over last year!

I have yet to fully unpack my kit and sort it so I have easy access throughout the month but this is where my kit will live. I got this cute tray from spotlight. 


I haven't had much of a chance as yet to do much in the way of prep but I did pull out my diary, my previous 2 DD albums, some post-it notes, my 2015 album (which is a gold 6x8 PL album) and page protectors. Oh, and a pen 😉






As you can see there a few things already scheduled in. For example on the 5th a group of my scrappy friends and I have decided to do a Christmas Scrap, secret Santa and everything, so I know that that's the story I want to tell for that day. Assuming I only use 1 side of the page protector (I'm totally flexible about this!) day 6 will be on the back side. I have pulled out the gold numbers from the Heidi Swapp pack included in the kit and popped those numbers into the page protector. 
For other things that I don't have a date for but I know I want to include I have just written a note and popped into a page protector. A lot of those things will be just slotted in around the day to day stories I will tell and the already booked in things. 

And for anyone that is new to my Documenting December journey, our albums, though they are heavily Christmas influenced, are about our December. Not specifically Christmas related. Both of my previous years albums include photo's from my big guy's last day at school fro the year, some charming moments between my kids, an enlarged photo of my Pop that passed away last year (no doubt there will be some mention again this year and quiet possibly many to come) and last year I documented the entire December so there was some photo's and stories from our mini family holiday :)

I can't wait to get started but how I wish this year would slow down just a little!! 

That's it for me for now. If you have any questions please leave a comment and I will get back to you!! And make sure you head on over to The Stamp Spot to pick up your kit before they are all gone!!

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrapping!!
Mel

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment