Thursday 3 December 2015

December Days 1, 2 and 3

Hi hi!!!

Well, it is officially the 3rd December in my little part of the world and I am officially "behind" but hey, life happens! As the title suggests, I'm bringing you days 1, 2 and 3 in one shot and voila, up to date!!

So, if you missed it, I am using the gorgeous, full to the brim Documenting December kit from The Stamp Spot. You can see my share of the kit and the start of the album over here and you can purchase the kit here.

So, since I have been really slow off the mark this year I will also share the couple of foundation pages I have put together!

First up is our cover page


I used those big gold alphas from my stash. Other than that, the "december" I stamped using one of the stamp sets available from Ali Edwards and my sewing machine everything is from the kit. LOVE this colour scheme! So pretty and NOT wintery at all!!

Also, the only other page I prepped is a "cover" page for the 25th :) I love how this turned out! Again, everything apart from the acetate and the sewing is from the kit. I just used a Martha Stewart border punch along the edge.


So, straight into it!

Day One - Left page


The very few embellies are all from the kit.

Day One - Right page


One of the girls that was on the DT with me very kindly shared some of the extra papers from the Ali Edwards kits she purchased so that ornament has been fussy cut from one of those. The gold thickers that spell tree and the green chippy tree and the stamping are the only bits not part of the kit. I punched the scallop circle from one of the papers and just trimmed down one of the sides of that super cute pink foiled card that Michelle included in the kit.

And both Day One pages together in the album


Day Two - A one pager :)


I'm not sure who loves the antics of our elf Pixie more, the boys or hubby and I!!

Day Three - Another one pager :)



The journalling sums it up - that's the story I chose for today and I'm surprised I managed to find another Christmas story, that's 3 in a row!!

And Day Two and Three in the album together


So, that's it for me for today!

Planning on "being on track" from here on out but, heck, life happens and I have my tray with all my goodies ready to go on my CLEAN desk!!

Check this out, this was before (and a BIG part of WHY I hadn't got started yet)


And after...


So, Happy December and enjoy making and recording all of those special memories that this time of year brings!

Melinda








xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You've done so much, and your desk looks amazing! :)
    I especially like your day two journal card and your Christmas tree photos look beautiful!
    xo
    http://beckholder.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Loving the look. Keep it up !

    ReplyDelete