Thursday 23 June 2016

Kraft+ It's A Puzzle Challenge

Hi there and welcome to my blog today!

I am sharing my take on this month's fun challenge over at Kraft+ - "It's a puzzle" - include puzzle pieces on your kraft project!

I umm'ed and ahhh'd for quiet a while over this and then decided to use a cut file paired with the gorgeous Amy Tan "Better Together" 6x6 paper pad and this is what I came up with!


I knew which photo I wanted to use so went with the blues, greens and and a few pops of yellow from the collection knowing that I had that pop of red from the umbrella in our photo :)


A little bit of white gesso in the background so that my mixed media colours were seeable and off I went with the very trusty packaging technique. I used the butter and peacock Heidi Swapp colour shines mixed with some water for all of the colour in the background.

You can also see in the above picture that I sewed all around that heart - even through all the pieces in the middle - that was tricky!! - but I am super happy how it turned out!


After googling "puzzle quotes" I came up with my title "It's always the small pieces that make the big picture" and love how it came out! Even though I did have to cheat a tiny bit to get a 3rd "E" :D I ended up sewing down those little black alphas using yellow thread.

I also pulled in some clear stickers my MAMBI in both black and white - there are the 2 arrows here and that little sentiment on the flowers in the bottom corner in white.

I used some light blue thread in a few places around the layout for some fun added texture. You can see 2 spots above, behind the 2 little flower clusters. Which I fussy cut from the 6x6 paper pad.


And a close up of those little flowers with that thread behind the heart and photo. You can also see here that there is a couple of layers behind the photo - again I used the paper pad and also some vellum.


Another little cluster and for some reason I really, really love how this part of the page came together. Some more blue thread, fussy cut flowers and also a couple of cut aparts from Flutterby Designs that I have had in my stash for way too long. Oh, and another clear white MAMBI sticker.


And last but not least, the little cluster on the left of the heart :) More thread, another clear sticker and also some tiny talk word strips by Tim Holtz. There are also a couple of those tiny talk stickers up on the photo :)

Well, that's it for me, I hope you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and take a peek at my layout!

Happy scrapping, till next time
Mel
xx





5 comments:

  1. I love it! Every single itsy bitsy bit!!! The threads, the puzzle heart, the TITLE.... It's really fabulous! Thanks for joining in with us at K+ this month:):)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fabulous. Love your take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Kraft Plus x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous. Love your take on the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Kraft Plus x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Love the quote you have used, its perfect for this challenge. The puzzle heart is fantastic....love your stitching! Awesome layout...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally FABulous! I love your colours & the puzzle heart...love it all actually! Thanks for joining us over @ K+ :)

    ReplyDelete