Monday 15 August 2016

{Scrappingclearly DT} First Kiss

Hi there and welcome to my blog this Monday morning!! Today I'm here with you with another share using the GORGEOUS Maggie Holmes Bloom collection and another wedding layout for Scrappingclearly!

Here is the complete page


And as you can see I have put alot of time into the title with that hand stitching. I am so loving it at the moment! If you head over here you can see my full process in my process video :)


After I had hand stitched my title I went in with a stencil and some of the awesome Faber-Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel mixed with one of the fun colour powders from Colour Blast for a little added colour and texture.

Here are some details shots


The hand stitched title, I really love how this turned out!! If you haven't tried it and love the look it is SO worth the time and effort and makes the rest of the page come together pretty easily, especially when you have so many pretty things to work with ;)


As part of the Bloom collection there were these stunning layered/fringed hearts and for some reason I never got my hands on any but as I mentioned in another post I did I did have HEAPS of fun making my own!! Again, you can see my whole process for that in my video :)

But a quick run down of how to:
Find a big-ish heart (or any shape really!!) die or punch - obviously, I used a heart (die). I used one of the papers from the 6x6 paper pad as my base layer thinking you would see more than you actually do, oops!! But then I grabbed a few off cuts and cut a few strips from some of the other papers in the 6x6 pad. I have also incorporated some of the washi strips from the washi booklet and some of my offcuts of that BEAUTIFUL gold foiled vellum piece from the collection. I used my fringing scissors - Kylie has some in store here - and fringed the edges. I went in with some wet glue and stuck all my layers down in a way I was happy then when that was all dry I took the whole piece to my sewing machine for that extra stitched detail. These are so, so pretty! 


A close up of more of the detail around the photo. A pink doily from my stash, some of the leaves from the Bloom ephemera pack and again, more of those gorgeous butterflies cut from the Flutter paper


And onto the top cluster! A couple more pieces from the ephemera pack, some crotchet thread from my stash and another fussy cut butterfly - this one from the 6x6 version of the paper.

As you can see, there is some stamping in a couple of places and a very light sprinkling of Roadbase Colour Blast Colour Spray and also some of the Colour Blast powder mixed with water - the same colour I did the stencilling in.

I ended up using this paper to mount the whole page on, I really liked the definition the black brought to the edges of the page.

Thanks so much for stopping by today and I hope I have inspired you to have a play with some of your own pretty papers and embellishments to get some precious memories recorded!

Happy Scrapping!
Melinda
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment