Tuesday 13 September 2016

{ScrappingClearly DT} Some People Scrapbook Layout

Hello there, I'm here with you today sharing my latest layout using the gorgeous MME "My Story" range available in the ScrappingClearly store!

Here is my layout and I really love how it all came together!


I started with that big cut file that I got from Just Nick studio. It's called Some People and I seriously LOVE it! I used a mix of Colour Blast Sprays in Love and Sunset (these 2 are colour spray - flat colour, no shimmer) and also Sunshine, Tangerine Dream and Bling (these 3 are shimmer spray, so, so pretty!!) and the very fancy plastic packaging technique after I applied a coat of gesso and VERY carefully peeled the file off my cutting mat!

Here is a close up of the cut file and I love all the different colours in it. I chose my colours based on the colours in the MME collection florals.


I have a couple of layers behind my photo using the Grandma's Quilt paper and also some of the GORGEOUS vellum from the Maggie Holmes Open Book collection. The background paper is the B side of the BEAUTIFUL Heirloom Rose's paper and thankfully I had a second sheet so I could fussy cut some of those stunning florals!

I added a very subtle detail using a stencil from my stash and some pretty Colour Blast Bling Colour Paste on the area behind the photo.

I've kept the embellishing pretty simple with only a couple of the floral clusters, some of the cute as cork hearts from the Pink Paislee C'est La Vie collection, some of the WRMK Clearly Posh giant enamel dots and a few sequins from the Red/Pink Studio Calico sequin pack.

And of course, it was finished off with a sprinkle of Colour Blast Bling Colour Shimmer spray and also a simple label sticker from the Paper and Acessories kit. I didn't feel like this page needed any journalling (which is unusual for me!) because that title said everything I wanted to say :)

Here are a couple of close ups and I also have a process video you can watch if you'd like to see this page come together you can see that here.



That's it for me for today, please if you have any questions or comments leave them below and I will get back to you ASAP!

Thanks for stopping by and remember to go and create something!


Melinda


No comments:

Post a Comment