Thursday 27 October 2016

{Scrapping Clearly DT} Some (not love!) cards with WRMK Crush

Hi there scrappy friends, I'm here with you today sharing some really cute cards that I made using mostly the WRMK Crush range available in the ScrappingClearly store.

I was totally inspired to create a little stack of cards when I saw these adorable layered tags in my DT pack from Kylie and couldn't wait to get them out and used! 

Here are the 5 cards I created in 2 photo's :)


Just secretly these 2 are my faves ;) Isn't that little hedgehog just ADORABLE?! 



I'm super pleased with how these all came together and now I will give you a quick run down of each card :)

Before I do that however I will say that I started with the tags and the 6x6 paper pad. I started out by matching the tags with a patterned paper from the pad and then cut each 6x6 page down to the size of a card front :) 


This first one is a pretty simple design but I really do like how it came together with just a few bits and pieces. So, after the tag and the paper I picked that gem sticker from the WRMK Crush sticker sheet and these Heidi Swapp alpha's for a sentiment. Those alpha's from bright also came from the sticker sheet in the same collection. Oh, and a few Studio Calico sequins from the Red and Pink mix ;)


I would be lying if I said I really understood the trend of the cactus in scrapbooking but oh man, this little guy had me the second I opened up the sticker sheet!! I LOVE it!!. As you can see peeking out in the background is some washi tape also by Heidi Swapp. This is from the Marquee collection and is really wide so I just used one strip which I tore through the middle for the uneven edges along top and bottom. A couple of banners from the off cuts of the 6x6 paper pad, some of this gorgeous Heidi Swapp lace ribbon, the tag (of course!), the cactus and the "hello fabulous" sticker from this Heidi Swapp chipboard sticker pack. This was actually a speech bubble but I didn't like the little taggy bit so I simply chopped it off!! And, a few sequins, of course ;)


Ah!! Isn't he just ADORABLE??! Sending you Hedgehugs, I mean seriously, how cute can you get?! So this card is using mostly scraps as the layers behind the tag - and I mean scraps - none of those pieces actually stretches all the way behind that tag!! That gold tissue paper is what Kylie wrapped my beautiful goodies in this  month so I thought, heck, Im gonna add some in and machine stitch through it! And add some sequins ;)


This is a really quick and simple one! More of that tissue paper which I cut into rectangles, 3 to be exact; I layered them in a messy, interesting way and attached them together with my tiny attacher. I attached that layer to my tag and then that whole piece using foam adhesive to the card front over the top of more of that super pretty Lace Ribbon. I felt it was lacking a little something so I grabbed my black pen and did a quick doodled outline around the card front. So effective! And more sequins!!


And, last but by no means least, this little beauty! With all of this busy patterns I decided straight away that it needed black outlining on all the pieces and it made so much difference! So, more paper scraps, a tab sticker, lace ribbon,  one of these gorgeous WRMK Crush paper clips and yet more sequins. I figured that leaving that tab blank would give me the opportunity to personalise the card when the time comes to send it if I feel like it or I can just leave blank, either way, I love this card too!!

So, I made 5 cards from a very "love" themed Valentine's collection and none of them really scream I LOVE YOU or Happy Valentine's Day, in fact I think they are all quiet versatile. Yep, a little feminine, I can't see me giving these to the men in my life but that's 5 cards for my stash none the less!!

I hope that you feel inspired to use the products however they speak to you. I saw the layered tags and knew straight away they were destined for cards so ran with that idea. And just because a collection is geared towards a particular theme doesn't mean it has to be used for that theme :) Have fun with your products and make sure you head over to our FB group here to see all the inspiration from not only our DT but also from all of our awesome followers who share their work there!!

Happy scrapping and until next time,
Melinda




No comments:

Post a Comment