Thursday 15 December 2016

{Colour Blast DT} You and Me

Hi there scrappy friends! I'm here with you today sharing a fun page I created using some of the gorgeous Colour Blast products!!

First up I started with some white card stock and a Just Add Paper kit from the D-lish Scraps store I wanted to use and applied a clear coat of gesso to my page - which comes in super handy when I start adding my Colour Paste and make some smudges!

I used a cute cross stencil from the kit and the beautiful Singin The Blues Colour Paste and applied a few crosses across my page


I also added some stamping which you can see above using a roller phrase stamp both vertically and horizontally with an archival ink in black.

I have then gone in with the Envy Colour Shimmer Spray and just sprayed colour over the Colour Paste and dried off with a heat tool.

I have also used the nozzle from the Envy and the Steel Shimmer Sprays for splatters and finally mixed some Singin The Blues Colour Paste with water and sprinkled that in the same areas.



At this point I decided I needed a little something in the top left hand corner so applied a little gesso, then some washi and then sprayed with the Envy Colour Shimmer Spray and splattered.


I then got onto working on my title veneer piece. I have used some washi to tape off the top half of the piece, applied some versamark ink and then Steel Colour Embossing Powder. I heat set that and then repeated the process 2 more times to get a thick, saturated coverage.


Now time to put the whole page together!

Here is the completed page and I'm really happy with how it turned out!! You can see my whole process by clicking the below link or heading over to the Colour Blast You Tube channel


Make sure you subscribe over there to see all of the awesome work from myself and fellow (very talented!!) DT members!!

Have a fab day!


Melinda
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment