Thursday 8 December 2016

{ScrappingClearly DT} Tis The Season To Be Silly

Hey there scrappy friends! I hope you are managing to fit in some scrappy time at this busy time of year! I finally found some of my missing mojo and got to play in my craft room this week!

Today I am sharing a page I created using the gorgeous Pink Fresh Studio Oh Joy collection! If you haven't seen it yet you can see it here in store but I will link to each product for you!!

I have also done a process video for this page and if you click below you can watch :)



I chose 2 photo's of my boys from Christmas morning last year. They are so funny and can be so silly, hence the title of the page. The journalling tells the story and reads as such

"Trying to get a "good" photo of them together is near impossible. Wriggling, giggling little boys!! They mucked around so much I told them to get their silly on - photo #1! When they were done "Look at Mum and smile boys!!" - photo #2. Love both of them. Cheeky boys!"

And here is my completed page!


I used a clear gesso and applied a thin coat over about the middle of the page. I just adore the Under The Tree background stamp so did some embossing on my white card stock background using Colour Blast Bling Embossing Powder

I then grabbed out some gelato's in matching colours to the papers - I ended up using 2 blues in the background using the packaging technique - one is called Snow Cone and I'm not sure of the other!


A few splatters using Colour Blast Colour Spray in Lagoon and also some watered down red acrylic paint from my stash and then left that to dry and worked on my layers.

I have used some of the tissue paper my order came wrapped in to back the photos and chose a paper from the 6x6 paper pad to use as part of my title - the "Tis the season" part. 

I knew I wanted to cut the word "silly" from the red paper in the 6x6 pad so figured I may as well make some of my own embellishments while at it ;) I quickly doodled a star on a scrap of paper, photographed and imported into my Silhoutte studio, traced and cut and voila, personalised embellishes! 




I love how this turned out!!

It was around this point I realised I had little/no room for journalling so decided to stick the title piece as a pocket - gluing only 3 sides - and cut another piece of 6x6 paper to fit as my journalling tag. I grabbed a little tab thingy from my stash and stamped using the Oh Joy clear stamp set.

I also decided I needed something to ground the layout so chose this Oh Joy "Joyful Christmas" 12x12 paper and a light blue from my stash for a border along the top and bottom.

I finished off with some of my silhoutte cut stars, an acetate die cut piece from the same range and also the house and 2 stars from the mirror acrylic shapes. FYI, those shapes are FRAGILE and also have a clear protective film on them!



My very final touch is some stamping and some splattering of the Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Spray, again in Bling.

I love how this page came together and am so happy to have this memory documented. This range was just PERFECT!!

I plan on tackling one of the challenges next, have you seen them this month?! They are awesome so make sure you play along and enter your take/s for your chance at some awesome prizes!! Also, Kylie has a give away happening at the moment as a Christmas celebration! Up until the 12th December any order over $100.00 goes into the draw to win a WRMK MINT TYPEWRITER!!! So, if you've been eyeing these babies off and need/want to order NOW is the time!!!

Have a fab scrappy day and see you soon!

Melinda
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment