Sunday 29 January 2017

{Colour Blast} Hello Tiffany

Hiya!! I'm here with you today sharing my latest page for Colour Blast Australia!

There is also a process video available, just click play in the box below!

The 2 photo's I have chosen to scrap today are of myself with 2 of my BIG bosses (the National Customer Experience Director and the National Customer Experience Manager) and my gifts and certificate I was awarded. I actually won a piece of Tiffany & Co jewellery so knew that I wanted the layout to have "that Tiffany blue" colour!

First up I applied a light coat of clear gesso knowing that during my process I was going to use alot of water. After that was dry I went in with my Steel and Snow White colour paste's and a stencil to apply some dimension and colour to my background.


I applied the 2 colours randomly over my background and left to air dry.

Next up time to add some COLOUR! I specifically picked out the Peacock Colour Shimmer Dust for this page a couple of months ago so I was super excited to finally see this coming together.


I used a tiny paintbrush (I have seen some of the other DT members do this and this is my first time playing!) and sprinkled tiny amounts of the dust around the dried Colour Paste.


And then for the MAGIC of the dusts! You can't even see where I have sprinkled the dust but watch as it comes to life when I add water! You can see this even better in the video ;)


Oh la la!! I so love this! And while playing I learned a couple of things about these beautiful dusts that I thought I would share! I do love this colour and love how this layout turned out in the end but if I'm honest, this background almost got ditched! When I added the water and tipped the page about to get the colour to spread there was some excess splatters which made colour go everywhere. I did want it more specifically only where the colour paste was but managed to clean up some parts (baby wipe where there was gesso) and then chopped down my 12x12 sheet to approx 10x10 and mounted my page, so crisis averted! 

You only need a tiny amount of the dust, these colours are so fun and vibrant and go so far!

After my "cleaning" and chopping down of my background I wasn't happy with how some of the edges of the colour were looking so I re-wet some dried dust and water (from my palette) and went in with a brush to give it less of a line and more of a water coloured effect.


And then with the left over colour I used the same brush to apply some sprinkles of the Peacock Dust.


And the final touch in finishing off my background was some splatters using the Roadbase Colour Spray and the Steel Colour Shimmer Spray.


I added in all my title, my embellishments, my journalling tag (which sits nicely behind the large photo), mounted the page onto an Echo Park paper which perfectly matched the Peacock and then did some black stitching around the border.


I really am super happy how this page looks but like I said, it was one of those "I'm going to test your creativity/patience" this whole process kind of layouts. It is a story I am so happy to get told and now have in our album.

And here are a couple of close up shots



Thanks, as always for stopping by and happy scrapping until next time!!


Melinda
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment