Tuesday 17 January 2017

{Colour Blast} More ~ My OLW for 2017

Hi there and thanks so much for stopping by for my 1st post for Colour Blast for 2017! I hope the new year finds you well!!

Today I am sharing a page I created using the very gorgeous 7 Dots Studio Cotton Candy Dreams range paired with Colour Blast products in Leather, Envy, Tangereen Dream and Mocha! I do have to also share that I was VERY inspired by one Anguree's posts from December and ran with it!

And there is a process video if you'd like to see my page come together



First up a little stamping with my black archival ink on this gorgeous patterned paper


And next some Colour Paste in Tangereen Dream through a stencil


I quickly dried that off my heat tool and the next step was another stencil this time with Leather Colour Shimmer Spray


Then I did some splatters using the nozzles of some sprays - Envy Colour Shimmer Spray, Tangereen Dream Colour Shimmer Spray, Rainforest Colour Spray and Mocha Colour Spray.


I then left that to dry off naturally while I worked on my title. A very simple one word title "more" which I cut a few times on my cameo. I was unsure which size I wanted to use and ended up adding all 3 to my page!

I very simply sprayed that with Tangereen Dream Colour Shimmer Spray. I also sprayed the other 2 pieces a bit later when I decided I wanted to use those as layers.


Next up for a bit more colour I used the same stencil I used on the background and Tangereen Dream Colour Paste and applied that over the top of my word.


I had pulled out a few stickers from the Cotton Candy Dreams range which eluded to "find your wings and fly" so wanted to add in some butterflies. I grabbed stamp set, my versamark and also my Tangereen Dream Colour Embossing Powder and got to stamping and embossing. And, of course, fussy cutting ;)


At this point I decided I wanted to add in some chipboard so I grabbed this Dusty Attic piece from my stash and again went in with my versamark and embossing powder.


I started to assemble my layout here and this is when I decided to add in the extra words I had cut on my cameo but wanted a little more colour/depth to them so added on the Leather Colour Shimmer Spray through a stencil and love how they came out!


Finally I added in some very rough hand drawn lines around the border of my page using the Mocha Colour Spray nozzle.

And here is my completed page


And a few close ups








Just as a side note, the word "more" is the word that spoke to me for my take of One Little Word by Ali Edwards. I have included a tag behind my photo in a pocket which I will add some journalling to about what I hope 2017 brings for me!

It really is amazing where a little inspiration can take you! I had so much fun putting this page together. Next time you see something that catches your eye, make something - you may just love it or learn something in the process!!

Until next time!


Happy scrapping!
Melinda
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment