Thursday 9 February 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Week One 2017 - February Mood Board Inspiration

Hi there scrappy friends! I'm here with you today sharing my take on the gorgeous ScrappingClearly February 2017 mood board, once again designed my very talented fellow DT member Peg Hewitt!

Here is the board again if you have not seen it!


All about the lovey stuff, awwww! I did avoid the purple - no surprises there but I loved the softness of the pink and the yellow. The picture in the top left reminded me of Summer and I just love that beautiful burst of sunlight in the heart!

I was sent the gorgeous Cocoa Vanilla Studios range called Free Spirit and I immediately thought it was a great match! I got to cutting up the papers and putting our first week of 2017 together for our Project Life album!

Here is the completed double page spread


Sorry about the glare, it is a bit tricky for me to photograph both sides together. But here they are separately

Left side


Right side


And if you wish to see this come together just click on the play button below to watch my YT process video!



I decided to use the WRMK pink embroidery floss also included in my kit to create some extra interest on 3 of the cards

This is our title card for the week


I loved how the word Summer looked in the font I chose to embroider with


And this photo is an absolute fave of mine! Love this memory - seeing the sheer joy and pleasure on my boy's face just made my day! Oh, and in case it needs clarifying, Mia is the horses name ;)


Also, on those 3 cards I brought in a little extra something using some Studio Calico gold sequins and some Ranger Flamingo Liquid Pearls (which I had never used before!) in a little cluster.

I have used my WRMK typewriter for all of the journalling and learnt that when using it, 1 layer of cardstock is just enough. If you put through 2 layers, it's a little trickier ;)

Thanks so much for stopping by today and make sure you get your take in for the gorgeous mood board challenge for this month over here in the FB group!

Happy scrapping!
Melinda

Products used:

Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Free Spirit - 12x12 paper Wallflower
Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Free Spirit - 12x12 paper Word Jumble (both sides)
Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Free Spirit - 12x12 paper Dreamy
Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Free Spirit - 12x12 paper My Way
Cocoa Vanilla Studios - Free Spirit - Sticker Sheet
Heidi Swapp Pink Glitter Alphas
WRMK - Pink Floss
Studio Calico - Gold Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment