Tuesday 25 April 2017

{Colour Blast} You Can't Have A Rainbow ~ Art Journal Page

Hi there scrappy friends, I'm here with you today with an art journal share!

But first with today, being ANZAC day, I just want to say a big thank you to all of those that have served and are currently serving. You, and those you love, on a day to day basis, sacrifice so much so that we can live the life we live and call Australia home, so thank you, from the bottom of my heart. 

Now, onto the reason I'm certain you are here!

I had recently purchased a stamp set that I was desperate to play with so pulled out a rainbow of Colour Blast goodies, my art journal and of course my brand new stamp set!

I wanted a drippy, pretty rainbow-y effect on my page but before I did anything I applied a quick coat of white heavy gesso using an old card.


I gave that a quick blast with my heat tool to ensure it was completely dry and onto my step which was a little stamping using some grey archival ink and one of my new stamps. I just randomly stamped a few of clouds across the page.


Next up, colour! 

First up, I used Sunset Colour Spray (I was after all going for a rainbow of colour so was working with ROYGBIV) and used the nozzle to apply a little colour to the top of the page, added a little water and then tipped the page to get a fun drippy effect happening.


I did use my heat tool to dry alot of this up and also it helped the colour to pool and dry in the fun way it did. 

I forgot to photograph each colour but going from left to right I have used the following products/colours after the sunset, Saffron Colour Spray, Tangereen Dream Colour Shimmer Spray, Rainforest Colour Spray, Lagoon Colour Spray and Sapphire Colour Spray. I did the exact same technique all the way across.

When that was all dry there was a little too much of the Sunset colour so I simply applied some of the Bubblegum Colour Spray straight over the top and the colours mixed together nicely to give a different shade.

Next up, I decided I wanted to add a bit of a different texture so again, to my stamp set, this time with some clear embossing ink and the same cloud stamp. I applied my ink onto the stamped image (I stamped onto some scrap white cardstock) then sprinkled with Dusty Charcoal Colour Embossing Powder and then heat set with my heat tool.


I love how these clouds came out!!

I fussy cut these and popped them aside while I decided what to do next. Raindrops!!!

Again, some more embossing ink, this time paired with the beautiful Snow White Colour Embossing Powder, straight onto my art journal page. I applied the stamp in a few places, under where I knew I was going to stick my already embossed clouds and then heat set the powder.


So shimmery and pretty!! I love, love, love this Snow White!

I wanted to add a pop of a darker colour and thought that I would that in the raindrops. As you can see the raindrops all have different little patterns on the inside of them so I knew that whatever colour I added the embossing would resist! I decided to go with the Duke Colour Shimmer Dust and a tiny paint brush and added some pops colour randomly to some of the raindrops.


I love the extra colour this gives and that little pop of a darker shade!


I wanted some more texture so grabbed a Dusty Attic raindrop stencil and the Steel Colour Paste and once again, randomly applied some across the page.




I left that to airdry (which does dry super fast by the way!) and then stuck down the clouds I had fussy cut earlier using a little craft foam and cutting off the excess hanging over the edges.



I added my sentiment using black staz-on and then stamped that off around the page to add a little extra something.




And my very last step was getting some of my black heavy gesso, a little water and a small-ish paint brush and applying little drips of black across the page.




I was a little unsure of this in the early stages of it coming together but in the end I am super happy and thrilled that I decided to keep going until I had something I was happy with! I guess, it doesn't always have to be pretty in the beginning for us to love the finished design ;)



Here are a few close ups












I hope that you have enjoyed seeing this art journal page come together and if you would like to see the whole lot come together in a process video just click below and enjoy!



As always, thanks for stopping by and have a messy, crafty day!




Melinda

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment