Tuesday 23 May 2017

{Colour Blast} Sweet Moments ~ Another Wedding Layout

Hey fellow Colour Blast lovers, I'm here with you today with a mostly clean and simple layout!!

I will start by saying that my mojo has kinda been off on a little holiday this week (not sure what that's about!!) but when I was looking through some photos a week ago I came across the one I have used for this layout and because it was so BIG I thought it was a great way to get scrapping without the pressure of so much "stuff"!!

So, I am scrapping another of my wedding photos today and as I mentioned it is BIG - like 8" x 12" big so it takes up a lot of real estate on my page. A little embellishing, a title and a little pop of colour!

First up I started by prepping my chippy with some white heavy gesso. As 2 of these pieces had already had some product put on them one needed 3 coats and the other needed 2 but they came up nice and white and ready for a new layer of colour ;)


I set my chippy aside to dry and did the little work on my background that I knew I wanted to do. 

I grabbed my (current fave!!) Blush Colour Shimmer Pot, a wide-ish brush, my craft mat and a little water and applied some colour to my craft mat and mixed with a little water (my brush was a little too big to fit in the pot and mix easily). 




I then applied wide brush strokes both at the bottom of the white cardstock background and also at the top of where I knew my photo was going to be. 




With some of the left over colour on my mat I did some sprinkles.


I popped my background to the side so I could finish off my chippy. I decided to use the gorgeous Blush and Punch Colour Embossing Powders. The title got the Punch while the flourish got the punch. These colours are so, so pretty and my current faves!!


After that was all dry it was time to stick it all together. I used a partial white doily at the top of the photo and applied all my chippy with my wet adhesive directly to the photo. 




I just loved how that looked! As a very final touch I have added some punched gold glitter hearts in 2 places and then I called the page done.


I love how this came together and it has given me some of my missing mojo back. I hope to do a little more scrapping tonight in fact ;) Maybe if your mojo has gone walkies, grab a big photo or one that really inspires you and just have a play!



Thank you, as always, for stopping and see you again soon!

Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment