Thursday 16 November 2017

{ScrappingClearly} Merry & Bright ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey and welcome to my blog today!
Today I'm here with you sharing my take on the dramatic and bold November mood board for ScrappingClearly - once again designed by the very talented Peg!!


I was drawn immediately to the colours (as I'm sure you worked out already!) and decided that it would the perfect time to scrap last years Santa photo of my boys. Here's a little refresher of the mood board.


I've used a white card stock base as I knew straight away I wanted to randomly spread some black gesso on my page in 2 places - one for my main photo and the other as a smaller embellishment cluster to the side. When my gesso was dried I grabbed my Bling Colour Shimmer Pot by Colour Blast and my biggest round paintbrush to add splatters. I love how the gold pops off the black!


I used a couple of paper layers behind my photo, Peppermint Stix (the text side) 12x12 paper by Heidi Swapp and also the Joyful Christmas 12x12 paper by Pink Fresh Studio from last years Oh Joy collection, cut to size and distressed the edges using my scissors (I couldn't find my tool!).


I have grabbed 2 tags from the Teresa Collins Tinsel & Co Tags Ephemera pack (and chopped off the bottoms) to also layer. I also used a punch from my stash to cut a couple of labels to use - one from one of the tag off cuts and the other from one of the patterned papers to add into my layers.


My title came from the gorgeous Oh Joy Gold Acrylic Stickers sheet - however a note - be super careful as you pull them off - the delicate ones are fragile!! Love the way it pops on that black!


My final steps were my journalling using a white gel pen and some splatters watering down some white gesso and using a paint brush (one of my new ones by the way, I picked up in the store here during the Black Friday sale!!) to splatter all over (I actually remembered to cover my photo!!).


I really love how this page came together! Better than I had expected in fact. You have until the end of the month to get your own challenges completed and loaded up into the correct FB album on the ScrappingClearly group, so I hope you get some time to play and go into the draw for a voucher to the store!

Until next time, happy scrapping!


Melinda
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment