Wednesday 20 December 2017

{ScrappingClearly} DD 2016 Catch Up

Hello there ScrappingClearly fans!! Melinda here with you today sharing some more of our 2016 December Daily album. 

As I have been working on this years album I have pulled out all of my Christmas supplies including the gorgeous Pink Fresh Oh Joy Collection that I received last year from Kylie!! Follow the link and you can find all of the bits still available!

I have 5 pages to share with you today all of which are pretty simple but all tell a December story and I am loving how this album is coming together so far!

First up, I'll share the pages exactly as they sit in my album and then I'll give you a close look at each page with a bit of "this is what I did/used" with each! I hope you enjoy!


So, up first was our day 16 on the left and day 17 on the right. I do still need to finish off the back of day 17 but it has a friends child and I didn't want to share without permission ;) 


The next pages I have to show you are for day 19. Yep, you did read correctly, I jumped from 17 to 19 ;) All good however, I know where I have gaps but have all my photo's printed so it's easy for me to go back and complete!! If you are struggling with your own DD (current or past!) this year I have found having the photo's at least printed and in pockets helps immensely!


And the last page I have to share is the back of our day 19 - Santa photos ;)

So, here are the close ups and some more info!


Day 16!
First day of our school holidays last year and Pixie our Scout Elf decided it was a good idea to have a movie day! I'm not loving how that photo ended up getting cut where it did but it's in the album and I can always re-crop and change it out if it bothers me that much!

For this page I have used some of the gold foiled phrase stickers, some of the Oh Joy Puffy Stickers a 3x4 card I cut from the 6x6 Paper Pad and also a 3x4 card cut from the B side of the Oh Joy 12x12 Winter Wonderland Paper.

I wanted that house with the 16 to pop a little so I grabbed a small white doily and my Bling Colour Shimmer Pot and painted away. With the left over paint I added splatters on the grey card and also on the 6x8 facing page.


Day 17 started with a piece cut from the Oh Joy 12x12 Winter Wonderland Paper cut to about 5 3/4" x 7 3/4" and mounted on white cardstock. I've used 2 of the Oh Joy Acetate Die Cuts and for my number have used some red alphas from my stash.


Day 19. Well, page 1 day 19 ;)
I simply printed my 2 photos at 3x4 and slipped them straight into the pocket. The bottom 6x4 card was cut from a sheet in the Oh Joy 6x6 Paper Pad.
 I've used some number stamps and a punch from my stash on one of my offcuts from the paper pad to stamp out the day and used a pop dot to adhere on the O in season. Journalling, a phrase sticker and a stamp with gold ink and done!


Day 19, page 2. 
I always like to include individual photo's of my boys with Santa as well as one of the 3 of them. This is one of my most fave traditions and I've loved seeing the way they react to Santa and how their belief changes and grows each year! This was pretty simple as well - I printed this at 5x7, grabbed a page protector, used some washi and re-punched some holes. A couple of really quick embellishments including another of those punched stars.


And last but not least, me and Santa! Again, I do at some point each include a photo of me with Santa. I love the magic and wonder that go hand in hand with believing and how that believing turns into magic for others. Again, a couple of super quick embellishments including an Oh Joy Puffy Sticker and calling it done!

I am loving how this album is coming together and can't wait to get a "proper" start on this years albums as well. Like I said, I've printed my photo's up to Thursday and know what stories I will be telling. I will stumble a little when I get to Saturday, I had my Aunty's wedding which was great but also my niece babysat my boys and I got a few great photos from her!! Decisions, decisions!! Haha!

I hope you are having a fabulous December regardless of whether you document each day or just your faves. Remember to pop over to the store, you can do a really quick search for "Christmas" and all the Christmas goodies will pop up! In fact, I've already done it for you, just click on the "Christmas" above and it will take you straight to the search results!!

I will be back again on Boxing Day so have a fabulous Christmas, enjoy your day however you may spend it and stay scrappy!!


Melinda

No comments:

Post a Comment