Saturday 10 March 2018

{Colour Blast} Boys. Sheesh ~ A Scrapbook Layout

Hey hey and welcome to the blog on this Saturday morning!! 
I hope you have some fun scrappy plans for the weekend, I'm pretty sure I do 😉

Have you seen this months challenge?! It’s all about texture! To be honest, I struggled somewhat with what textures I would use and how I would incorporate them into my project. I started digging through my photos and this one of me and my baby inspired me and then I came up with my main idea - hand stitching!! Here’s a peek at my finished stitched centre piece. 



And a refresher of the challenge



Here is my process video if you’d like to see my page come together


My first step was coming up with my title which I knew I wanted to hand stitch. When I worked out what I was hand stitching I came up with the “sheesh” in my title knowing I had these leatherette alphas in my stash. More texture!



I added some colour to my title but made my own colour to match the collection I was using better. The Indigo Colour Spray was way too purple for what I was hoping for and the Caribbean was way too bright so I sprayed some Indigo Colour Spray onto my desk and mixed in some Caribbean. The quantities were about 6 (Indigo) to 1 (Caribbean). I tested on some scrap white card stock. And also thought I’d make it sparkly by adding a quick coat of Snow White Colour Shimmer Spray, perfect way to add shimmer without changing the base colour!





I used a paint brush and just painted inside the lines of the word my cameo had sketched.




When that was dry I added splatters in the same blue I created and then also added more splatters to match the collection I was using. I've used Blush, Sunshine, Envy and Stormy Weather Colour Shimmer Spray's.


After that was thoroughly dried I poked all the holes for my stitching, put on my current fave TV show and got stitching!




A few layers behind my photo including some patterned paper that had what looked like brush strokes which I fussy cut for more texture. I also added some gold star shaped punchinella as the very back layer behind my photo.




Before I stuck that down I decided I wanted some extra texture behind the photo on the white cardstock so pulled out my Black Heavy Gesso and an old store card and added in some messy lines around the 4 corners where my photo was going to tie in the black stitching.






More texture with some puffy stickers which I ended up stitching through with gold thread on my sewing machine.


I added my journalling and also a strip of paper at the top of the page and my page was done!!




Head over here to load up your take on the March Challenge in the Colour Blast Creative Corner Facebook Group and you could win a $30 voucher to spend in the Colour Blast store!!


Until next time, happy scrapping!




Melinda


No comments:

Post a Comment